Barcelona - June 2022
Similar to many of you, the last few years have not been easy for us as travel was limited and people had other things on their mind than enjoying a weekend out of town. Since early 2019, were not able to do, or could only in a very limited fashion, what we enjoy the most–plan fun weekends and bachelor parties across Europe. While we were not able to see many smiling faces and people having a great time, we were preparing for the time when we can once again do what we love. WE ARE BACK!!!! We kicked off 2022 once again planning parties across Europe and are just getting started.
With fresh energy to organize the best stag parties ever and many new ideas, we wanted to start new tradition – that is how our newsletter was born. This is the first issue and we plan to keep sending them out monthly. Our goal is to introduce various stag do destinations across the world and provide few tips.
Thank you for all the support and we hope to help you plan an awesome stag do in the future! We look forward to your feedback regarding this newsletter – we hope you enjoy it and find value in it that you will then share with friends.
Barcelona is a very popular vacation destination located in northeast of Spain. It is known as being a great beach and party city as well as a cultural center. If you are looking to discover various museums and archives or enjoy the architecture this city is a great option. If you prefer enjoying your time at the beach, Barcelona is a perfect location for your beach trips - Barceloneta Beach is the most famous one in the area. The coastline stretches for approximately 5km, so there are a lot of great beaches to enjoy.
For All Cities:
- Best Area to stay in – Barri Gotic – historical and geographical center of this beautiful city. Close to La Rambla and home to great dining, bars, and shops.
- Unique tourist attraction - Sagrada Família – Unique basilica from architect Antoni Gaudi with construction in progress for 140 years. It is the largest art-nouveau style church in the world. When completed, it is expected it will become the tallest church in the world.
- Local food to try – Paella. You cannot leave Barcelona without trying it’s famous dish – there are many variations of this popular dish, but the most popular is seafood paella - perfect mix of rice and local seafood. Originally from Valencia, but very popular along the Mediterranean coast.
- Best Month to visit – May through June
- Unique event – Sónar Music Festival – Popular electronic and experimental music festival founded in Barcelona in 1990s.
- Signature drink – Cava – famous sparkling wine from Cava region located 50km south of Barcelona.
- What not to do– do not carry a lot of cash or too many valuables on you. Unfortunately, Barcelona is known as one of the Europe’s worst cities for pickpocketing. Be especially careful in crowded areas and try to avoid making yourself an easy target for pickpockets by standing out as a tourist.
- Best city view point – Park Güell viewpoint – popular place with beautiful views of the city located approximately 3km from the city center.
- Best Rooftop Bar – Pulitzer Terrace at Pulitzer Hotel – enjoy a tasty drink and amazing music (May through September)
- Best Beach - Barceloneta Beach – the most popular beach in the area with a beautiful promenade, a lot of bars and restaurants and easily accessible by public transportation.